An IT Field Service Desk must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions (I.E. password resets, account issues, basic desktop inquiries, equipment requests, etc.)
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by internal customers
- Walk the internal customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in call management system
- Follow-up and update internal customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions and suggest possible improvements on procedures
Other Skills and Abilities
- Good understanding of computer systems and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work weekends
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing goals
- Ability to grow, adapt, and accept change
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree and/or 0-2 years of experience in like position preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Also, this role requires employees to analyze/evaluate information and communicate with internal customers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EyeCare Partners(ECP) is a St Louis, Missouri based operator of independent optometry and ophthalmology practices throughout Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. EyeCare Partners will generate 2017 run rate revenues of $445M, has quadrupled in the last 20 months and continues to grow through the acquisition of a new practice every week. The Company is one of the leading optical care providers in the country, operating nearly 250 offices under several leading regional brands. The company is a growing family of independent primary eyecare practices which operates over 250 locations under several leading regional brands: Clarkson Eyecare, EyeCare Associates (ECA), eyecarecenter (ECC), Thoma & Sutton (T&S), Quantum Vision, The EyeDoctors (TED), John Kenyon, Alabama Vision Centers and others.
The company is backed by a leading middle-market private equity firm which invested in the company in April 2015.
EyeCare Partners acquires successful independent primary eyecare practices, located in urban and outlying rural markets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.