An Retail Associate (Optical) is trained to dispense and fit glasses and contacts, working from the prescriptions written by optometrists. They take into account patient’s facial features, occupation, and habits to assist them in choosing the best eyeglass frames, lenses, and lens coatings to fit their needs, while also achieving monthly sales goals.
2501 w Happy Valley Rd, 85085
Pay: $15/hour + Commissions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times to both external and internal patients
- Able to operate the auto-lensometer and manual lensometer
- Assist patients in selecting frames according to style and color, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions
- Educate and recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frame to suit patient needs
- Continue to be educated on current brand knowledge
- Accurately collect measurements such as bridge, eye size, temple length and seg heights, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and pantoscopic tilt
- Check in all incoming orders to ensure quality and accuracy
- Dispense patient orders and repair and adjust patient frames
- Ability to identify and resolve patient complaints through trouble shooting
- Assist other areas when needed
- General office duties and cleaning to be assigned by manager
Other Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice
- Ability to work weekends when applicable
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Ability to grow, adapt, and accept change
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented and patient-focused
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.